Saturday, January 15, 2011





Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

This passage from 1 Corinthians 13 (the message) says it all.Next week we go and find out if the chemo has done any good and then on Tuesday I have my gall bladder removed. So please keep this little family in your prayers.
As a couple we have been through so much but we have also have a deeper love than we both ever thought possible. The first picture above was taken 14 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child the second was taken at Christmas time this past year. In 14 years we have gotten a little (OK a alot) rounder and much grayer but I am thankful for the many trials that we have faced as a couple this cancer journey has defiantly been the hardest but if it wasn't for all that we have been through the inner strength we share would not be there. Gary Robert Schriver I love you more today than I ever dreamed possible you have made my heart almost burst from being so full of love for you. You have sewn into my life helped me grow in confidence helped me achieve dreams and helped me to learn how to love. I am so privileged to be your marathon buddy I love you !!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it is the 2nd picture that was 14 years ago but you probably figured that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel privileged to have witnessed you both through most of your lives...what a blessing! God isn't through with you yet! Love you both from North Carolina...

    ReplyDelete