Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cindy's sketch: Cassie and me at the altar

Cindy doesn't want me to share this picture with you because she thinks it looks silly, but it really touched me deeply. It was a quick sketch but I love what it conveys and I wanted to share it with everyone.

This morning during praise and worship, my 10-year-old daughter Cassie went up to the altar to pray by herself. She sometimes goes up to the altar when I do to pray over others and sometimes to pray with me, but she's never gone up by herself to pray before.

When she came back to her seat which was in the row ahead of me so that I couldn't see her face, I tapped her on the shoulder and asked her if everything was okay. She turned around and looked at me with tears streaming down her face. She looked up and me and said, "I just told God that I wanted my daddy back!" I was heartbroken. I moved up to her row and sat with her for a few minutes to talk to her quietly. I told her that many bad things had been discussed that could happen to Daddy, but that we are believing God that none of those bad things will come to pass.

I told Cassie that God has some greater ministries lined up for both her mommy and me and that God isn't ready for me to leave the Earth yet. I asked her if she wanted to go back up to the altar to pray together and she said yes.

We had an amazing time in the Father's presence up at the altar. I prayed for her and she prayed for me. We prayed that our faith would be strengthened and we thanked Him for all that He is doing and will do in us and through us. I had an opportunity to share some of the insights God has shown me about her, specifically about her being a leader, not just in the future, but right now at her age. We then worshipped the Lord together at the altar in each other's arms. It was just such a special time in the Lord that I will never forget it.

When we returned to our seats, Cindy had drawn this picture of a vision she saw over us as Cassie and I prayed together at the altar. It shows Cassie and me together with the Lord's hands stretched over us. I could sense His presence with us so strongly up at the altar, that I just loved this picture. It made me cry and truly touched my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment