Thursday, September 10, 2009

Health update - 9/9

I heard back from the orthopedic oncology nurse today finally on my bone scan. The results are “very encouraging”. She says that the doctors have conferred with the radiologist and they agree that there is little to no uptake on the scans, pointing towards the lesions being part of a benign process! Praise the Lord!

Although this points towards it being benign, a biopsy is still necessary to prove it. She says that the best site they have selected is the symphysis pubis of the pelvis. This is the bottom of the pelvis where the two halves come together. She says with this area that I won’t need to be on crutches, but yikes! Fortunately, the nurse says that they will go through the “belly area” for the procedure. She says I’ll be in pain for a few days, but that would be all.

They are currently working with radiology to schedule the biopsy. She will be calling me within the next few days to discuss possible dates and times. Most likely it will be next Friday, September 18. This will be done outpatient but will be an all day event. It will not require a hospital stay.

So we’ve cleared another hurdle with one more to go! I thank God for the good report. I know He will see me through all of this as He has so far.