Saturday, May 22, 2010

Next Week

It is Saturday and I am sitting here thinking about all that is going to happen this next week.  Sunday thanks to Gods provision we are getting our car fixed.. It has had a radiator hose leak which makes the car run hot sometimes and we have to stop and fill the radiator with water, you can live with it thru town but when you have to travel lonely country roads to get to Tampa it gets a little scary, so I am so grateful that is getting fixed. Also on Sunday I get to watch my baby sing in the ensemble at church, I love watching him sing. Then the week hits a low point on Wednesday we head early in the morning back to Tampa for yet another doctors appointment and scan. This scan will be compared with the one a couple of months ago to judge how fast the cancer (notice I said the not Gary's)  has spread and where he will need radiation to help slow the growth down . Then Thursday I get to graduate two students from level one cake decorating they have been so fun to watch so I am looking forward to that. Friday is another low point we go to the radiation oncologist office ( did you ever think there were so many types of oncologists) to schedule the amount and frequency of the radiation. This is what I am really dreading 6 more weeks maybe of radiation the last six weeks just about killed him and me, by the end we were just so dragged down we were numb and I don't want that again but I know that is what he needs and if it will help his pain and slow that nasty cancer down it is worth it. I am just going to have to really plan for this one..Luckily my week will end on a high note we are going to have lunch on Sunday with a few of our dear friends some old ones some new to celebrate Gary's birthday. His birthday was actually April 30th but we were on our Memories of Love trip and when we got back his grandmother passed away so between those we are just able to get to his party. This will truly be a celebration of the strength and character that he has shown going thru all this cancer nonsense. I am really proud of him how he has maintained his faith and strength and continues to wage war against cancer everyday I am so proud to be his wife and cannot wait to celebrate him next Sunday. So there you have it the picture of a true roller coaster week. Lord have mercy and help us getthru with what little sanity we have left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment