Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thank you all for your prayers! We got home from a two day stay in the hospital. The thought that he might have a pulmonary embolism so needless to say we were anxious. Luckily the issues he had and are still dealing with are due to his low blood count and blood level. They gave him two units of blood and it helped him feel better some. He still may be at the doctor getting fluids tomorrow but no more hospital yeah. For being such a stressful week it had some real blessings in it too. A good friend started a card and hat fund campaign and we ended up getting at least a couple of cards in the mail every day for the last week it has been such a spirit boost to look at all those cool cards we posted them on the wall for Gary to look at every day. The first night in the hospital I was supposed to go out with friends to celebrate my birthday bur canceled because of needing to be there for Gary. They got take out and came and ate it at the hospital with me we laughed and cut up and had such a great time. Words can never express to them how much that meant to me. While I was visiting Gary got to visit with a pastor from our church, his moms church, his parents and brother and wife. Other than the whole hospital thing it was a great night . That evening when they started blood the nurse who we had talked about faith with shared such a perfect word for Gary and I exactly what we needed to hear and when she hung the blood she prayed over each bag as she hung it and that really blew me away how cool is that. Even the oncologist told us to be blessed when we left. Gary's parents were life savers yet again they second day they brought me a sub for lunch and a fan to help cool the room down. The fan made sleeping so much nicer:). Then mom sweet mom watched my girls for two straight days and I think she deserves a saint hood for that. They are naturally full of life but when daddy is sick they don't always know how to handle things and they can lash out and for that she deserves sainthood ;) I am so glad to be home know I am exhausted but feel so blessed too we had people bring us meals and just love on us and it's been so wonderful. You feel like with a family of friends behind you and a God who loves us and sends just the right hospital staff that together cancer dosent have a chance it's going down. Thank you to all my angels this week you all will never know how much your kindness has helped this tired woman and a worn out man keep fighting. We pray Gods double blessing on you all.

1 comment:

  1. Gary,
    You and your family are in my daily prayers!! Get well soon!

    hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete