Tuesday, June 28, 2011



I had a meeting today with my two friends that are heading up the work day at my house on Saturday.I found out that we get to get carpet in our family room. This room is 380 square feet and has the nastiest carpet with no pad at all and now it is going to be replaced with a beautiful tanish carpet. My girls are so so thrilled about their rooms their inspirations for their room is the other picture. We are also going to get the torn nasty flooring up in our kitchen replaced. These two spaces will make such a HUGE difference in our house it is going to just breathe some life back into our house. On the agenda is a bunch of yard clean up, furniture moving and garage cleaning. We are going to get rid of two broken sofas and will be down to one so we are going to have to get creative for sitting in that room but to FINALLY see that room looking good is truly a dream come true :). I am also excited that my sister is coming in tomorrow she and her husband are going to be here to help us with some prep work and they will be here to help on the work day too. I promise I will post before and after shots so you all can see my house go from sad to glad :).
Unfortunately where there is excitement there is also GREAT fear. This week is the week I have been fearing since before Christmas the week I am going to have to pay bills with less than HALF of what Gary's paycheck was. Mortgage is not getting paid at all and I am praying for a miracle in paying the rest of the bills. I woke up this morning at 6:30 and just sat in bed worrying how in the heck am I going to pay everything and what bills can I fudge on what bills HAVE to get paid. "Should I go and try to get a job?", but how would I work with Gary needing me so much and the kids, not sure what I would do with them. I ran through every scenario in my head and came up with no good solution. I hate to admit this but I HATE "trusting God" I want to do it. Like the meals that are so generously being prepared for us I would MUCH rather make you a meal then accept a meal given to us it is easier to be the giver not the givee in the same way it is easier to put your trust in yourself then put your trust in God. During my early morning worry session I was really hoping God would come down and give this great Mosaic type proclamation about finances and working and how in the heck I am gonna pay my bills but instead he told me Psalm 121:1 and 2 "I will lift mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth." So this week I am going to enjoy the love that will be showered onto this family on Saturday pray blessings on all that help make that day possible and look to the maker of heaven and earth to help me pay my bills, heal my husband and help my girls and see us through this difficult time.

1 comment:

  1. Love and prayers always coming for you and your family, Love you Cindy!!!!

    ReplyDelete