Friday, July 1, 2011

Overwhelmed but in a good way

We are just a little over 30 hours away from the Schriver Makeover Day. Everyone in the house is so excited about the changes in the house fresh paint, fresh floors, things sorted and cleaned and over all simplified. The count now is 23 people who RSVPed on Facebook and there are others who are not on Facebook that will be there. It is so very overwhelming to think that all those people are giving up their Saturday on 4th of July weekend to come out and help us. It blows my mind to even think about it. It is really funny Gary and I both spent a life time thinking we were not likable and people just sorta put up with us (I know it is silly just being real here) and to see how people pour out their love to us during this time I feel like Sally Field when she accepted the Academy Award "They like me they really like me". In the last few months this whole family has just had the stuffing loved out of them and this workday is the highpoint of all the love.
Most people don't realize that Gary has been feeling the effects of the cancer for well over three years now, he knew it was cancer in 2009 but that just put a name on what he had been feeling for a while. During that time he was just not able to do the things that he used to do and the girls and I would try to fill in some of the blanks but things have gotten in such disarray and it just eats at Gary and this workday is going to help give him peace that all those honey do lists will finally get done.
Thank you just doesn't convey my gratitude to all the people who are making Saturday possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart all of you who will give your time and energy and finances to help my family. You will be refreshing our home and more importantly our souls.

Oh and another way God is so good our mortgage got paid this month by an amazing angel who had been going through a storm of their own but still is there for us. I am friends with some pretty cool people and I am grateful to God for each one of you in my life and for the new friends I will make on work day. Oh and we are down to 29 hours now :} so excited EEEEe

No comments:

Post a Comment