Thursday, July 28, 2011

Uncertain times

It has been a VERY difficult several days here at the Schriver's. Saturday had a pretty good day we even watched a movie with him in his room. Sunday night he woke me up and called me into his room and said very panicked "I think I am dying" he had trouble breathing and was VERY agitated and panicked. We called the Hospice nurse in at 4 am and he said that he was breathing well and his BP was good so he gave him some meds to control his anxiety and he went to sleep. The next day he was less awake then the day before and when he was awake he started having trouble getting his words out. The next day he slept most of the time and he could barely speak at all. I have not really slept these days and last night my mother in law came over and spent the evening in his room allowing me to get a few hours of sleep. Today he has been VERY restless moaning and groaning most of the day he has been very restless. The future for my sweet man is so uncertain it is terrifying to think of how ill he has become. I think back to conversations about his Great grandmother who was in a coma for 10 years before she passed away he said "I pray I am never like that a sound mind in a body that doesn't work" unfortunately that is what he is right now I know that HE is in there and he is trying to communicate and be there but his body is just not doing what he wants it to do. My little one was so excited tonight she leaned over his bed and whispered "I love you daddy" and he whispered back "I love you too" she was so excited she got an I love you :(. Please continue to pray for this family as we go through this new season of uncertainty please pray that no matter what happens God will instill his peace in us all.

Praise report God has provided in such amazing unexpected ways and we have shampoo and milk and cereal and the kids favorite TWO boxes of easy mac :) I thank all of you who provided meals or groceries or gift cards to us it has taken such a burden of of us and we have been able to focus on our sweet man. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment