Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blessings :)

Last week I had a mini break down. The stress of all that has been happening just got the better of me. A husband/best friend who kept telling me he wanted to go home, a disability check that came SEVEN days late, kids that were going ballistic from all that has happened, a ten year old who told me she wished she would die so she wouldn't have to face life anymore :( Late bills yada yada yada the list of stresses just goes on and on. I was thinking if I was God (thank goodness I am not) I would have handled me like the crazy woman passenger in the movie Airplane where all the people on the plane took turns smacking the mess out of her. But instead God just did what every good parent should do he waited until I was done with my tantrum and just gave up. Then God just said "if your done will you trust me"?? I wish I emphatically said YES I TRUST YOU GOD but it was more like go for it give it your best shot!! I think God must like a challenge because wow He began this string of blessings that really surprised me. Friday I got a facebook from a high school friend who said that her sister had a "few" things for us we met her on Saturday and the word few is not the propper description it was a huge box and about 6 reusable grocery bags worth of food and it included awesome things. I was chatting with her outside my car I kept hearing my little one squeal oo peanut butter, oo easy mac ooo cereal ooo ooo ooo it was HUGE all those toiletres and paper products we hadn't been able to get was in those bags. SHAMPOO was in there good stuff too. Meat and basic staples it was such an amazing blessing I think the highlight was a half gallon of chocolate milk it was gone about an hour after we got home :) Saturday afternoon the prodigal disability check FINALLY came and I paid all my bills online that night and boy that felt so good. There was a low point in the weekend Gary fell last night and we had to have the paramedics come and help him up and then had to have a visit from one of the hunky male nurses ( that was not so bad;). Thankfully he was not hurt he was a little sore this morning but ok. My wonderful father in law asked me last night if we wanted him to come and sit with Gary while we went to church and normally I would have said NO you go to church but I think that the girls really needed that break and so did I. Church was amazing just seeing my friends at church and getting all those hugs just breathes life back into my soul. We also got a great card and a check from a new friend. New friends that is one of the side benefits from that work day people who I knew of I now call them friends. We were also blessed with three meals and money to get a fourth. WE NOW HAVE FOOD IN THE HOUSE :) I assure you we were not skipping any meals and I could stand to skip a few but the basic Staples we ran out of and it is such a stress to not have something and not have the money to get it. At points the kids would just wail WE HAVE NO FOOD :( lol translation we didn't have any easy mac, cereal, milk or cheese pizza.
I am a little nervous about what next week will bring Gary still feels really bad and he continues to have trouble breathing even with the oxygen so please pray that Gods will will be done this week and that the peace that passes all understanding will be on us all no matter what happens this week. We really value all your prayers and thank you all so much for all the special ways we have been so blessed.Thank you for loving me through my tantrums too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment