Friday, June 4, 2010

Gary update - 6/4/10 - Disappointed

We met with my radiation oncologist today to go over the bone scan results. In a nutshell, nothing showed up, meaning that I am NOT a candidate for the Samarium. We will have to go the traditional external radiation route.

I have an appointment next Wednesday at his office to undergo a PET scan and follow up the same day to discuss the radiation. He says he radiation could start as early as the following Monday.

I am discouraged obviously that I wasn't a candidate for Samarium. I am nervous about having the same side effects I had with my last course of radiation and can hardly bear the thought of dealing with that again, but I can't keep taking the level of pain pills I'm having to take right now and maintain any quality of life.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers and your encouragement. I'm definitely feeling discouraged today. I know I have not cornered the market on suffering and there are so many who are struggling with so many worse things that I consider myself fortunate. Just a little down. I had hoped for better news than this.

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment