Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The waiting Game yet again


Today I took Gary for what was supposed to be a quick bone scan done for the sole purpose to see if his bones soaked up the agent that the contrast is given in if it does than it is the same agent they deliver the radiation with so he would be a candidate for the systemic radiation (confusing I know basically scan is positive they will do systemic if it is not they will do external beam radiation). We got there and he came out in just a couple of minutes and he told me they gave him a shot and we have to come back in two hours, not what I wanted to hear but okay so we went to a local bakery and rewarded our patience with a goodie. We went back and they scanned him then made him wait then the radiologist said he wanted a few more pictures. They took pictures of his hips,ribs,spine and shoulders and made him wait until those were looked at. We were there from 10 - 3. We left EXHAUSTED and for Gary even more pain then he was all ready. Now we have to wait till Friday to find out about the scans and why all the other pictures. So it is hurry up and wait yet again we should be getting used to that lol. I could try to guess about things but I am just going to give it all to God whichever radiation he gets will be tough on him and God will be the one who sees us all thru...
Thank you so much God for seeing us thru every step of the road and I know you will help us down this new avenue we are going to have to go down. I look forward to the day when he walks in the healing I know you have for him, until then thank you Lord for not letting the storms over take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment