Wednesday, November 24, 2010

SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I wanted to share with you what I am thankful for....

I am thankful for....

A man that showed me what it was like to be a friend and a lover. Someone who instilled in me self-confidence and helped me realized I deserved love.

I am thankful to my three little girls who are turning into beautiful young ladies who I love to see reach out to others with an innocent excitement. Three little girls that take a simple trip to the grocery store and turn it into an opportunity to brighten busy shoppers' days by making sure no one left without a "Happy Thanksgiving" wish.

I am thankful for family who take the time to help where needed who are there when things get rough. I am thankful for once strained family relationships that have been mended by the immensity of the trials we are in making petty differences seem small.

For a church that I have walked through my ENTIRE adult life with. A church that at whatever cost shows us love and has always been there to help us through bad times and rejoiced with us through good times.

For realizing that I have people who love and care for me -- people who are my friends.

For people who were at one time just casual "kind ladies" to me that sat in front of me at church who have now been there in so many ways to help see me through this difficult year.

For all the people who, while Gary and I have been in the battle for his life, have sent cards and love, a restaurant gift card, or a check that always come just when we need it the most.

For people who listen to the leading of the Lord and have provided for us when things have broken (and things have broken a lot this year) and have in turn made God even more real to my kids and helped them develop a true understanding of how great God is and His provision is always there for us and it comes from areas we least expect.

That in the darkest, most fearful, and most stressful time in my life, God has been more real to me than I could have ever fathomed. I am thankful for every day with my family and friends and that when our time on this earth is done, I will have them in heaven and the fun will really start.

I am also thankful to the people who take the time to read my ramblings and purpose to pray for this family. We could have not made it this year without you!

Hope you all have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Your 'ramblings' encourage more than you can know. I pray that you, Gary, and the girls have a great memory-filled-no-hospital-stays-Christmas-season. I pray that God continues to bring you peace. Christy

    ReplyDelete