Thursday, November 18, 2010




Well it has been quit a week for the Schriver family. Monday Gary went in for his weekly blood work and his hemoglobin was at an all time low well into the dangerous level. So they took him straight into the hospital. We thought okay we will be here over night and get out in the morning but that is not what happened his hemoglobin just never came up enough he ended up having to get 4 units of blood a ton of IV bag fluids and 2 units of blood plasma. We were going to take the kids to the hospital today and eat lunch with daddy and let the kids visit but I got a call at 815 this morning and it was Gary and he said that the doc gave him the green light to come home he is not out of the woods by any stretch but he is doing so much better today she said you can get better rest at home and they will follow up with him on Monday and do any more tests from the office. It is a little frustrating not knowing why his levels are doing what they are doing but we try really hard to live life one day at a time and today is a good day and I am going to rejoice :) Last night I came home to be with the girls and give my mom some rest and ten min after I came in I found out that the guest toilet was broken and ten min after that the other bathroom clogged. I will be honest I just about lost it the stress of big man in the hospital and the kids having tough times and everything else adding no working toilets to the house just about sent me over the edge but thanks to friends who made me laugh and my brother and sister in law who came and helped Field the kids and plumber the evening ended with two working toilets and me with my sanity in tact. They will never realize that just coming in and infusing peace into the situation was such amazing help. I am so grateful for both our families you know as years go by you argue and fuss about this or that but since Gary has been sick both our families have circled around us to help us get thru and I am so grateful to all of them. My sister is coming down this evening to help us "Christmas up" the house to help make this Christmas extra special for the girls and make things extra special she is also planning on cooking some stuff for us and if you knew my sister you would know that her cooking is a super huge blessing :) Happy Thanksgiving week to all my friends and family thank you for helping this tired stressed woman survive and thrive I am Thankful for each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment