Thursday, February 3, 2011

Two week Chemo Break



Gary is almost done with the two week hiatus he had to take from chemo. His blood counts were starting to go down and he has had 16 or so blood transfusions so they are trying to keep him from having to get anymore blood. Did you know that the more blood you get the more antibodies you make and the harder it is to find a blood match. I didn't know that. I am thankful that they are taking their time with the chemo because it has taken me longer than I had thought to recover from my gall bladder surgery so it has been difficult to get Gary where he needs to be. Monday he goes back to the doctor an hopefully they will give him the okay to start the chemo again. I am still amazed at how the chemo has helped. I thank God when I see him because I honestly thought that I would be burying him at this point in the year but instead we are hopeful and optimistic that he is getting better and can beat this thing.
The other day I was looking through a craft store and thought oh we can do this on the 4Th of July and this on Christmas and I just had to smile because at Christmas a couple of months ago I was fervently praying that Gary would not die around Christmas so it wouldn't ruin the day for the kids forever. I don't want you to misunderstand Gary is still not out of the woods he has a LONG road to beating this cancer but Praise be to the God He has restored our hope that he will be healed and someday this cancer will be an unpleasant memory.

1 comment:

  1. The top picture is a few days into the chemo and you can all ready tell a drastic omprovment from the bottom picture a few weeks earlier. His liver function was declining and he was getting more and more jaundice every day then that pill chemo kicked in and he is still jaundice but getting better his eyes no longer look like they are filled with green tea Thank you Lord

    ReplyDelete