Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The butterflies begin

In a week we will be in Tampa waiting to hear what exact kind of cancer Gary has, their prognosis and treatment. I should be THRILLED that this means treatment will begin but I have to admit I am really nervous up till treatment begins there are moments when I can forget what we are facing as a family but once treatment begins cancer will be in our face all the time. I HAVE to figure out a way to toughen my heart up I have to be stronger now than I ever have before. We are believing for a miracle and if I can figure out how to pull it together I wont be able to help anyone. I was doing good with faith believing that he will be healed then cancer will be a distant memory for us when a friend of ours found out that her cancer came back with a vengeance and is now facing multiple surgeries and months of treatment. Not only is my heart broken for her and her family but I am so afraid even when Gary is healed Cancer will always be that 500 pound canary in the corner.

Lord help me to have a fighting faith enough for our family and help me be an encouragement to other families going thru this same struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment