Sunday, April 18, 2010

El Nino

We just got home from our second trip to Tampa in one week. Last week was our 3 day marathon trip to Moffitt and this week Gary's Grandmother passed away and her funeral was this weekend. In between time we started art therapy so it has been one heck of a week. People say keep your chin up this is just a season well it is an El Nino Season.
I was really glad the kids did well this weekend they have been so tired from our last trip I was worried. Tired children equal Hell for adults. They came in to the funeral and struck up conversations with everyone figuring out if the people were family or not. They so enjoy being with people I love that about them. Cassie made fast friends with a the granddaughter of Grandmas husband they chatted about everything from serial killers to terrorists (eleven and a half year old minds gotta love it). They are such good examples to me about how even when the world is one challenge after another and you really want to just sit in the corner and cry there is still a world around us that needs us to be a part in it. And there are still people that need us to be friends with them. We have a new week ahead of us and I am going to try to take a cue from my rug rats even tho we are going thru and El Nino season of trials there is still life to live and Friend to make and fun to have. So as a dear friend of mine told me to do I will go in to the week singing one day at a time sweet Jesus..

Side note the funeral was a lovely funeral very sweet and a wonderful celebration of Grandmas life. I told Gary that when I die I don't want simple I want a multimedia celebration with singers, smart light,instrumentalists and a program with pictures in it. He laughed and told me and a disco ball rising from your coffin with staying alive playing in the back ground :) I smiled and said yep now you got the idea tehe

1 comment:

  1. Ah ah ah ah. Stayin' Alive! Stayin' Alive! If I have to go through El Nino with anyone, I'm glad it's with you! Love ya, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete