Friday, August 12, 2011

A huge debt of gratitude

Today marked the finale week I get my regular Friday visitor from Gary's work and it made me think back at all that they have done for us and how very grateful I am that Gary worked for such an amazing company. I would not have blamed them if they would have fired him back in November because that is when it was getting super difficult health wise but they didn't instead they sent us Thanksgiving dinner they would surprise us sporadically with meals from some amazing place usually after a particular horrible week or hospital stay. They were VERY patient with him he got his 40 hours in but it may have been between 2 and 6 am it didn't matter. Starting in about March we started getting a visitor every Friday from work sometimes it was just him and other times he would bring coworkers but every time it blessed Gary and my heart. Gary got to have that physical contact with people from work and it was so great for me to see how much his work cared. They have been an email away with any questions or concerns I have had which there have been a few freak out moments for me. The day of the funeral there must have been 20 people from his work there and they told me that they were going to be bringing dinner to us the rest of the following week and some groceries on Friday. The dinners came daily the next week and were all yummy and such a blessing something we didn't have to worry with we could just enjoy. Today was the finale meal and groceries and WOW I was blown away everything from TP to shampoo to snacks to put in lunches and a stack of paper plates a foot high. Oh and dinner tonight HONEY BAKED HAM (one of my favs) and to top it off was a card with money and gas and grocery gift cards in it. I am so overwhelmed by all that they have done this week. So let me say thank you to the people of LPS your love and patients through Gary's battle gave us peace and your outpouring of blessings on us since his passing has been so amazing. I know after all the life insurance and such is done I will have little to no dealing with you all so please accept my sincerest thank yous for all that you have done for us over the past year we will be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment