Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sad News

Tonight was the night that I feared more than anything in my life. I said goodbye to the most wonderful amazing man tonight. Gary Robert Schriver passed into the waiting loving arms of Jesus surrounded by his family and at home.He went so fast this afternoon he did great at his check up his bp and heart rate was good he was bathed and even shaved and they had placed a catheter in him so we wouldn't have to move him to change the diaper. This evening right before dinner his brother came over and I am glad he did because if he hadn't I would have let Gary alone to just rest. I came into the room and noticed him breathing so hard and his tongue was pushed in the back of his throat he was struggling and trying to sit up. I tried to comfort him but he wouldn't be comforted so I called the hospice number and they sent the kindest nurse out that listened to his chest and told us that he only has a few minutes left and I sat by Gary's side rubbed his arm and caressed his face he calmed down and slowly just stopped breathing and slipped into heaven. I go tomorrow to the funeral home to finalize the arrangements and I will post details tomorrow. Please be in prayer for us as we learn to live and go on without the wonderful man that was such a huge part of our hearts.. Thank you foe walking with us on this journey and the new journey that lies ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I love you so much and am praying for all of us now. I am so sorry that he's gone, but you were there for him, and that is so amazing. You have been the most loving caring beautiful wife to him, and you have to know that your reward will be great. When you can once again hold him in your arms, he will thank you for being so amazing and wonderful to him. For being his true helpmate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been following your blog for a few months now and just wanted to say you're very much in my prayers and thoughts. you're an amazing and inspiring woman and i've been so encouraged by your spirituality and your humanity. sending much much love and prayers, caz x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy and family- I am so excited that Gary is in the arms of Jesus fully restored and worshiping the living God! How awesome is that?!! I am also very sad at your loss of your husband and friend. I cannot understand how you must feel. I will continue to pray for you and your family for peace and comfort and much strength. Please call me anytime you need a shoulder, or help with the girls. I would love to minister to your family in any way possible. Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been following your blog. The Lord has granted you amazing strength through all this, and I know He will continue to do so. The Lord is with you right now as you grieve your husband. And remember that your husband is in no more pain, and God has wiped away every tear. Gary now has a brand new body, and is home with Jesus now.

    ReplyDelete