Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trusting God

The last six weeks have left me pretty much emotionally bankrupt. It has been really hard watching my vibrant husband turn into a pail sleepy version of himself. You are going to think I am nuts but thru all this time my biggest worry and fret was that the kids will not have Easter dresses and baskets. I know that is not a huge priority but to the girls and I it is a priority I am not able to get them many clothes and haven't been shoe shopping in a long time, that is the same way when I was growing up but at Easter we got new clothes and shoes and in our Easter basket I always got my hair accessories and some resses eggs (favorite even today but they only made eggs when I was a kid now they do harts and trees and every holiday there is something:)and I was petrified the year we need a since of normal more than EVER we were not going to have that. Well I prayed and asked God to help and them went and bought the dresses and Easter baskets even when we really did not have the money. Coming home from the store yesterday God yelled at me and told me "you didn't wait for MY provision on this this dress issue!!!!" well I got a little snotty with God (thank you Lord for grace ;) "It was stressing me out and I just cant handle that right now and why were chatting you said you would help me God we need your provision on so many things and so far NOTHING". In tears I pulled into the drive way and went inside and checked my email and on there was a facebook from a lady who told me they had prayed for out family and they felt like God wants them to bring us dinner and would that help and be a blessing to us. I yelled at my computer YES IT WOULD BE.. So in one moment God reminded me even tho His ways are not mine HE still has things under control..And He cares about what I care about. He just felt the need this morning to drive that point home with me today when I dropped my girls off and was listening to the radio the announcer started quoting from Isaiah 43 and said several verses that went straight to my heart but the one that I remember most says something like when you are in the sea of storms I am with you and the water will not overtake you!!! He didn't say it wont get to your eyelids and your now breathing thu a straw but it will not over take me!!!!
Thank you Lord for your word, your servants who listen and most of all thank you for holding our little family in the palm of your hand so even if we are tossed about you will not allow the waves to destroy us..

1 comment:

  1. I love your story, God loves your story. The ending has not been written and for us to do it while we are going through the storm will not do it justice. Just know that it will allways be for our good. Yes, He did say "in all things"....keep bringing it all in prayer. With Love,

    ReplyDelete