Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gary update 3/30 - 1 week out

Well, I'm 8 days past my last day of radiation. I'm doing better, but definitely not back to 100%. I feel about 80% right now, and I'm trying to pace myself. Pushing it takes me back down. I'm still wrestling a bit with stomach cramps and my appetite isn't what it normally is, which may not be a totally bad thing :) .

I go back to the radiation oncologist on April 21 for a PET/CT scan and then, per the doctor, we will "go from there". I'm sure hoping that doesn't mean any more radiation! My hip and back appear to be getting better. I am having some discomfort in my hip, but not bad enough to need pain meds, so that's a good thing.

I go to Moffitt on April 8 and 9 for my 2-day octretide scan and scan follow-up the afternoon of the 9th.

I had my Zometa infusion this past Friday. So far so good on side effects from that. It didn't seem to hit as hard as it has previous times, which is good. I go for my next infusion on April 20.

We do have some good news in the midst of the bad. We have been approved by the Memories of Love Foundation for a week-long trip to Disney World, Universal, and Seaworld! We will also be staying in the Nickelodeon Hotel! The kids are so excited to say the least. It will be good for us to get away and spend some quality time together as a family. I pray that my health holds up to be able to enjoy it to its fullest.

I appreciate your continued prayers and support. They mean so much to us! God is continuing to strengthen us through all of this. We know we will persevere with His help! We're pressing ahead and looking ahead to the victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment