Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cancer update - 12/8

Well the colonoscopy/ileoscopy (which I found out is actually called a lower enteroscopy) went off well yesterday. I slept most of the day yesterday so I'm just getting the update out today.


Here is what the report showed:

Impressions
- The colon is normal.
- Mucosal abnormality in the ileum. This was biopsied.

Recommendations
- Await pathology results.
- Return to GI clinic at appointment to be scheduled.

They have scheduled me for a follow up with the doctor Monday (12/14) morning, but we let them know that we would like the biopsy results asap hopefully before we go to Moffitt Friday. It looks like we may have found the primary, which in this case is actually a good thing because that will determine the best treatment.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. I'm starting to feel weary, but the Lord is good and He has strengthened me throughout this ordeal. I don't know how I would make it without Him and without the support of so many good family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment