Friday, December 25, 2009

The New year coming

Christmas is now over and it was AMAZING!!! We had such a wonderful time and the cancer didn't bother the festivities too much. Gary had to take a couple of naps but hey I had to take one this afternoon after Cassie busted in our room screaming MERRY CHRISTMAS, I did not know whether to hug her or smack her silly :)
On the way home from my in laws it kinda hit me that the new year is soon approaching and the new year brings both hope for treatment and a cure and fear that it will bring treatment and trials. Changes will happen in our daily life with me returning to college (not sure how I am going to juggle that too) and the possibility Gary will have to go on disability and the thought that we will have to make due on HALF his salary and at best any job I could get would never even make up a half of the half. This year was so difficult coming to grips with the word cancer becoming part of our daily vocabulary. Helping kids thru the thought that daddy might not be here for future Christmas's (we are FERVENTLY praying he will be here for 40 more!!).
This has been a serious wild ride of a year and I have to admit I am a little scared at the wild ride 2010 promises.

Lord I pray not only for the Love of my Life but also for the Love of others lives that are battling Cancer and I pray this year you will pour your PEACE over all of us and supernaturally inspire some doctor to find a CURE for ALL cancer so NO other wife will cry and no other child will have to loose the magic of childhood early again!!!!

Always Enough a song from Casting Crown ( a cd Gary bought me for Christmas)

In a dry and weary land Lord, you are the rain. In a sea of shattered ones,Your love is rushing in. You hold the world in your hands and see each tear that falls. Through every fire and every storm Your ALWAYS ENOUGH .....

1 comment:

  1. I know we have a rough road ahead, my love, but God will get us through. He is so faithful to us. He always has been and He always will be. We face the future in Hope. Not hope just in medicine, but the true Hope -- Jesus! He's my healer! Here's to 40+ more Christmases together with our children, our grand children, and even our great grand children. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete