Thursday, December 17, 2009

Superman vision (pun intended)

God gave me an interesting vision the other day. What's strange sometimes is that God uses scenes from movies or TV shows I've seen to drive home a point. For instance, right after I first learned I had cancer, I was crying out to God, when I pictured a scene from Disney's Aladdin. In that scene, Aladdin and Jasmine are jumping from rooftop to rooftop to avoid the palace guards who are trying to arrest them. They finally reach the edge of one roof and it's too far to cross. Jasmine looks worried when Aladdin holds out his hand and says, "Do you trust me?" She says "yes", they jump off the building, land on a canopy and are safe. God was telling me to trust Him because He has healed me.

I digress. That was just an example. The vision I had the other day was this. I had just met with the GI doctor who was going to do my colonoscopy and he started to talk about my cancer. He knew a lot about it, just evidently that there is a rare aggressive form. He was telling me that a few cancer cells may linger for years before they metastasize somewhere else. People often have this for years and never know it.
I was thinking about this and I asked God how long the cancer had been in there hiding. He said 25 years. 25 years? That would have put me at 15. Even though the primary has not been found, it often arises from the GI tract. I remember as a teen having a lot of digestive problems: reflux, heartbearn, indigestion, etc. I went to several doctors who never found anything, some even suggesting that it was all in my head. I thought maybe I was crazy. I then thought back to 15 and to the present. For many years, I've had digestive problems. Nothing major, just more of a nuisance most of the time (mostly to my friends :) ), but there nonetheless.

I asked God why we just found this now. God told me that for all that time, He has been holding back the cancer. Sometimes the cancer started to advance and God had to push it back. So I asked God why is this appearing now? To destroy me?

I then had an interesting vision from the 1980s movie "Superman 2" with Christopher Reeve. In that movie, three villains from Superman's home planet of Krypton escape prision and come to Earth to conquer it. Of course, these three had the same powers as Superman. I may not have this 100% right, but as I recalled, in one scene, all three villians stood at three different positions and shot their heat vision at Superman all at the same time. Superman put out his hand, and all three rays converged on his hand. By the pain on his face, you could see that it was overwhelming him. At some points, the rays started to push his hand back towards him. At other times, he began to push back. Suddenly, he gets a very determined look on his face and, with one final burst forward, he thrusts out his hand and repels each of the three rays back at its respective owner. All three villains are hit and fall to the ground. Not dead at that point, that comes later, but this was a turning point in the movie. We realize that he alone was able to ward off all three villains. The good guy wins in the end.

God showed me through this vision that this is what's happening. For years, He has held this back. Sometimes Satan has gained a hand, probably because of my sin, and God's hand was pushed back. Other times I would rise in faith, and God would push the cancer back. "Now," He said, "the cancer is manifesting itself for the massive thrust forward."

I know what He means. This is showing up now not to destroy me, but God is drawing it out into the open for that final Godly thrust of power that will vanquish the enemy and allow the healing that took place at the Cross to be manifested in my body, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Praise the Lord! He is the true Superman!

No comments:

Post a Comment