Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Kick-Butt Angel

I wish I could find a better term to describe this, but it's the best I could come up with. Tuesday morning (11/23), I was awakened with a gasp at 5:30 in the morning by what I thought was a nightmare.

It turned out not to be a nightmare after all, but truly a dream from the Lord. It had to be the shortest dream I've ever had, probably all of about 15 seconds that I can remember.

I was standing at the top of my driveway looking down to the street as a very large black man dressed all in black with black military boots ran up my driveway towards my front door, carrying a very large machine gun with a snarl on his face! To fully appreciate the fear this produced, you would have to have seen him, which is difficult to describe. Imagine Samuel L. Jackson but with a little bit of hair. Make him about 5 times bigger than Jackson and it's all muscle and make him about 6 foot 6 and you can begin to see how scary this guy looked. I was terrified. He cut a bee line from my driveway towards my front door and I saw his back as he rushed the door. That's when I bolted awake with a gasp.

I sat there for a few minutes trying to process what I had just seen. It was very vivid. Then, I suddenly realized something in the dream. The evil-looking guy with the machine gun had a word etched on the back of his black uniform -- POLICE! Wow! Suddenly someone I thought was there to destroy was actually going in to get the bad guys. I was astonished!

I asked God, "Was that from You, Lord?", and He said, "Yes." God laid it out for me. The enemy is already in the house. He and his hinchmen have already come in to steal, kill, and to destroy. They have been trying to destroy my health and take my life. They have been trying to destroy my family and steal their joy. They have been trying to fill us with fear, dread, and sorrow to get us to focus on our problems instead of the Lord. They have also decided while they're here to harm our finances and to destroy our house. Now our roof is leaking, we had a slab leak that ruined most of our carpet and some drywall, Cindy's car broke down and cost a lot of money to fix. Then the AC started throwing our circuit breaker so we had to pay $80 to have the guy come out to tell us the circuit breaker itself was bad. Five bucks to replace, but $85 when you tack on having to pay for a service call. We've been afraid to say, "What next?" Instead, we've been saying, "Please, no more." This on top of my health and all of these accursed medical procedures and a now three-week out of a five week wait for further follow up and possible treatment, and we walk on the edge of insanity!

So back to the dream. What God told me is that his warring angels are rushing in. This isn't the Monica type from Touched by an Angel. These are the muscular, warring, machine-gun-bearing types that are coming into the house (also symbolic of our lives) to crush and destroy the enemy strongholds. So why was I so scared of him? God said perhaps things are happening that will work towards my good that I am seeing as bad things. With this slab leak, our homeowners is paying to replace most of our carpeting and, thanks to a dear saint at my church, we can have it replaced with tile flooring, something we've wanted to do for a long time because of our allergies but couldn't afford to do. Someone at church wrote us a check out of the blue that exactly covered another expense we were fretting about.

God has truly shown us that He is our provider and we will not fear because we are in His hands. We have been blessed by so many, and His reinforcements may be late like they were for Daniel, but it's because they've been warring, but now they're here and ready and raring to go kick some demon butts! Go angels! Go angels!

Thank you, Lord, that even those things that seem to be bad can be turned for our good. Even if something or someone looks bad or mean, help us to realize that they or it may be an angel in disguise or an unrealized blessing from You. You are the giver of all good things. Thank you, Lord, for that vision, and thank you for attacking the enemy for our sake. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment